As always our passenger and crew safety, health and well being is our top priority. We ask for your patience and cooperation as we all navigate these uncharted waters together.
Over the past several weeks, we have made physical and operational changes to our vessel, the Spirit of Buffalo and have developed myriad best practices to keep everyone onboard protected and safe.
We are following CDC, Federal, State, County and local guidelines. As these guidelines change will will adjust our operations accordingly.
We are USCG certified to carry 42 passengers. Current COVID-19 regulations allow us to carry half capacity at 21 passengers.
We ask that both our employees and customers wear face coverings where social distancing can not be maintained. We also ask that from the point of checking in at the ticket booth until the cruise or tour us underway that everyone wear a face covering. Please use your best judgement if you do remove your face covering for a portion of the trip. Keep in mind this is a public vessel and if six feet is not maintained you should keep your face covering on. This also goes for anytime your are moving about on the vessel as well as when we are disembarking.
Upon request face masks will be available for those customers that do not have one.
Maintaining adequate space between customers is crucial to implementing social distancing.
- Keeping adequate space in line when checking in and boarding by following marking on the vessel, docks, and boardwalk.
- Guest Flow will consist of labeled signs to indicate the direction of flow in order to avoid forming crowds.
- Plexiglas installed in front of the ticket booth windows to act as a shield in order to protect our employees and customers.
We have added extra cleaning procedures for our vessel.
- For maximum effectiveness, the cleaning and disinfecting products used have been recommended by OSHA and the CDC. Frequent cleanings of the entire vessel will be done on a consistent schedule.
- We have implement additional cleaning procedures for commonly touched surfaces during the trip.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of the “Head” or marine facilities will be done frequently.
- All cleaning will be tracked and logged.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available.
Please make a reservation if possible to help limit the transfer of cash. It is critical that you check in at the ticket booth 45 minutes prior to departure time. Due to social distancing checking in at the ticket booth may take longer so plan ahead and give yourself extra time.
July 1, 2020 Update – Operations begin with 21 passenger max. Maintaining Social Distancing, Face Coverings, and Cleanings.
We will continue to update this information as it changes.